René Lavoie was baptized on November 28, 1628 in Rouen, Seine-Maritime, France. Son of René de Lavoie and Isabeau Bélanger, he married Anne Godin, daughter of Élie and Esther Ramage, on April 14, 1656 in Quebec. From this union were born 8 children. In 1655, he came to New France and settled in Sainte-Anne-du-Petit-Cap in 1656, where he participated at the erection of the church. He is also one of the benefactor of this church. In 1686, now a widow, he sold half of his land to his son-in-law on the condition that he take care of him until his death. He died suddenly while going to the mass, on March 11, 1696. He was buried the next day in Château-Richer.
Pierre Lavoie was born circa 1631 in Aytré, Charente-Maritime, France. Son of Pierre and Élisabeth Vadois, he married Jacquette Grinon-Grignon, daughter of Pierre Grignon and Simone Grisot, on February 15, 1649 in Aytré. From this union were born 5 children. Not long after he had arrived in New France, his wife died. His second marriage was with Isabelle Loppé, daughter of Charles and Catherine Hubert, on August 25, 1670. The location is unknown. They settled in St-Augustin and had 8 children. In 1670, he committed to provide the district administrator Talon with cedar wood. He died on July 8, 1708 and was buried the next day in Saint-Augustin-de-Desmaures.
Jean Lavoie was born and baptized on April 2, 1654 in Aytré, Charente-Maritime, France. Son of Pierre and Jacquette Grinon-Grignon, he married Barbe Lhomme, daughter of Michel and Marie Valade, on November 28, 1690 in Neuville. From this union were born 6 children. In 1666, he came to New France with his parents. In 1681, he worked as a servant and then, after his wedding, became a soldier in the Quebec garrison. In 1692, he settled at the Seigneurie de Maure and, in 1694, at the Seigneurie de Villieu in Tilly. The date of his death remains unknown. However, he was buried on September 28, 1724 in Saint-Augustin.